Thursday, August 23, 2012

114th anniversary of Philippine independence

Last July, I was so lucky to be celebrate the 114th anniversary of Philippine independence in Taipei. It was my first time in Taipei and I must I say I definitely enjoyed! It was like mini-Japan like from the people to the goods. The people were so nice! They kept smiling haha. The food was very delicious as well, very tasty. For me, I think I prefer Taiwanese food over Chinese food. It's I think healthier? And you have an abudance of choices.

Anyway the real reason why I visited Taipei was for the independence event, it was an event wherein diplomatic consulars based in Taipei gathered and welcomed the Philippines independence. It was such a good experience since I met some international people and it surely made me love my Filipino culture even more. The setting was so beautiful with Filipino things all over like there was our famous "lechon", which is also suckling pig and you would see a colorful entrance tarpaulin filled with images of exotic Filipino festivals.

I really love visiting new places and being able to have a taste of their culture. Taipei was worth it and I'm hoping to go back since it isn't so far from my hometown.

The banner says it all

This si so cute, who would've thought

My sister and I wearing Ditas Sandico-Ong Filipiniana

Lechon



excellent group photo of Philippine representative :-)
Cheers!

Yna

No comments:

Post a Comment